Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Please pray

Hello friends,

I've shared with some of you how I've been having horrible itching of late...well, it's worsened considerably in the last 2 days (to the point where I've slept very little, even on full doses of Tylenol AND Benadryl). We just got back from the doctor's -- they ran tests on my blood to check for this crazy liver issue called intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP). Its only symptom? Chronic, all-over itching in the third trimester. Anyway, we won't know for a few days yet and in the meantime I've been given a prescription antihistamine. Hopefully I will be able to sleep at night while we wait for answers. Once again, we're concerned about an issue with this pregnancy. I feel very much on a rollercoaster ride, since my pregnancy with Lucy has been difficult from the first moment and I just really need to reach the finish line with no more problems. I'm discouraged, exhausted, and trying not to worry.

If I do have this ICP, well, I'll let you know then the plan that we discussed with the doctor. In the meantime, just please pray with us that all is well and I just have really annoying itchy skin.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of love & prayers from Michigan. I bet you can't wait until she's safely out and everybody is home and healthy! I can't wait either.

Kristen said...

Is it a daughter thing? You know that my pregnancy with Anna was all kinds of this is wrong, well now it's fine, wait - maybe this. The boys were a breeze. I say that to assure you that God was with the two of us and is with you and surrounding the two of you now. He knew the beginning and end of this pregnancy long before you imagined it. He will sustain you both and has a wonderful plan. Hang in there. Our prayers are with you all!

Kara said...

So sorry Becky! My cousin is due in two weeks and she has the same thing, I had never heard of it before. Praying for your sanity and comfort.

Unknown said...

You've been on my heart lately and now I know why. We've been praying for your family and will continue too!! Keep us posted!